Saturday 3 October 2009

Vivian done!

Yay! I finished my Vivian the other day. It was very exciting. It fits perfectly (though the arms are a little too long, so I just rolled them into cuffs). I still need to get a zipper for it (I have been wearing it around anyway) and I am having a hell of a time finding one I like. I want a red, 2-way 22" or 24" zipper. I can find 24" 2-ways but not in red or red 2-way zippers that are 26". Ugh. Internet, you are failing me. I really want to avoid cutting down the zipper if I can as I have no idea how and it sounds like a massive pain. But either way, yay for finished sweater.

I have now moved on to Mary's shawl that I am test knitting. I am on the second chart (which makes up the majority of the shawl). So far it has been nice and easy and it turning out quite well. I just hope my second ball of yarn comes in time! I definitely love handmaiden. I can't imagine knitting it on metal needles as it keeps falling off my wooden ones!

1 comment: