Monday 10 August 2009

Sock Summit

So my Mom and I headed to the Sock Summit this past weekend. We walked into the trade hall and I just had to stop. I had never seen that much fiber in one place in my life. It was hardcore overload. I gotta say, I was much better than I could have been. I only ended up with only 2 skeins of yarn and about 8 fiber tops. The damned fiber was just so pretty! I am going to spinning until the end of time and still won't be done. Worth it though.

I hadn't heard about the Summit until well after signups for classes had closed so we didn't do any of those (they were hella expensive anyway) but we did do a little hour walk in class. It was a stretchy bind off class. I don't knit socks often, partly because I have such a problem with my cuff being too tight. This should fix that! It was kind of odd and difficult to set up but it was worth it! A very nice, loose bind off based on the Kitchner stitch. I wish I could figure out a way to do it on straight patterns too.

It was amazing. I am super glad I went. I really can't wait for the UK ravelry week next summer now! It is practically next door to Edinburgh in Stirling (less than a half hour train ride). Yeee for knitting.

1 comment:

  1. So jealous! I probably would have just gone into a yarn coma though, so maybe it's good that I wasn't there . . .
    And hooray for stretchy bind-offs. Think maybe I should put a note about one in the mindless sock pattern?

    ReplyDelete