Tuesday 4 August 2009

Sweater number two

So after the success of my Leisl I decided to try my hand at another Ysolda design (I really can't wait to meet her once I get back to Edinburgh), the Vivian sweater. Now she didn't publish this herself and boy can you tell. The pattern is a major pain to read. It just isn't well written. One of the charts is less than clear that it is supposed to be repeated. ALL the charts are ALWAYS read right from left, even though every row is shown. It starts on the wrong side (which I just don't like personally). Ugh. Pain in the butt.

Once I got it going it was ok, but it took me a couple of attempts. Once the pattern was established it is quite nice and mindless. It is going to be a very nice sweater when it is done, but the pattern is a pain.

1 comment:

  1. Grrr, nothing drives me crazier than a poorly-written pattern. Kill!
    And you get to meet her?! /jealous

    ReplyDelete