Wednesday 17 June 2009

My very first sweater!

I started Liesl, by Ysolda, a couple days ago as it looked like a nice, easy sweater and was small enough for me to use my bemiji homespun on. I sillily only bought 2 skeins. I have officially fallen in love with top down sweaters! I could try it on as I go, which is really helping me with my sizing worries. I even swatched for the first time in my life. I think I did it right...

I also love Ysolda's stuff because they go up to real sizes! I am not huge, but most of the actual cute stuff has patterns that go to size small. Ugh. I am not even the biggest size in Ysolda's patterns. Yay! I think I am going to make Vivian next (I love how her patterns have names, like Ikea furniture!), it is a very cute hoodie and I am ready for the challenge now. I just have to finish getting liesl to length. I think I'll have to bribe one of my knitting friends with a sewing machine to put the zipper in though. Apparently, that isn't the sort of thing that can be done by hand. Oh well.

2 comments: