Monday 8 June 2009

Cursed Shawl

Take that, shawl!  I finally finished my Nightsong shawl today.  I swear that thing is cursed!  I decided to put a lifeline in before I started my last repeat as I was freaking out that I might be short on yarn (turned out to be sillily untrue).  I am so glad I did as when I was about to put in a lifeline before I started the trim, my needle snapped!  Right in the middle of the project.  After almost having a minor breakdown, I ripped back to the lifeline, thanking Mary for making me worry about my yarn.  I ended up only losing about 15 rows, but when each row takes me almost a half hour, that is a significant amount of time.

I finally got back into it and had only 2 rows left of the trim.  I got up to put my PJs on before I
 finished up, only to come back and find that a certain fuzzy dog had investigated my knitting and snapped my brand new KnitPicks circular!  I didn't lose any work this time but I was super pissed.  As I said, this shawl is cursed.  I had another pair of 3.25mm needles (which I had gotten after the first one broke, only to find that my KnitPicks one had arrived that day) so I was able to finish yesterday.  I cast off today as quickly as possible trying to save my last set of 3.25mm needles. 

So yay!  Three sets of needles later, it is finally done and blocking on my flatmate's bed (she is out of town).  It is so pretty that all the trauma was worth it.  I can't wait until it is dry and I can wear it to my knitting group on Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. WHY DID I NOT KNOW YOU HAD A KNITTING BLOG? ZOMG!
    Anyway, teh shawl is very pretty. And you're welcome for the lifeline.
    P.S. I have started swatching for my sweater with the homespun stuff and it makes me want to kick things.

    ReplyDelete