Wednesday 8 April 2009

A knitting blog is a good thing...

So I decided to start a knitting blog as I often have a lot to say about it but I think my lj friends are a bit tired of reading about it.  I went to John Lewis today (department store) and found that they have a HUGE craft section including quite a few yarns.  It is by no means the biggest selection ever, but it is definitely different than what my local yarn store has.  I wanted to stop by to see if they a needle case I saw online thinking it must be something they just have online since there is no way a department store would have yarn, right?  Boy, I was wrong.  I am kind of excited.  The needle case was a bust (they were hideously ugly) but I was very pleased to find the other stuff.

I also finally bought a crochet hook to fix my sock.  I had it in my purse and half the stitches on one needle fell off.  I failed at picking them back up with just the knitting needles so I needed a crochet hook.  I finally got one today and managed to fix it, huzzah!  I also bought these awesome point protectors that work brilliantly with socks.  They have two holes on each so I can use them really well with doublepointed needles (Pony is the brand if you are interested).  I was excited.  So yay knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment